Quick hits via Twitter

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Sports year in review

I'm no sports fan. But I wiled away a few minutes enjoying a slideshow of photos in sports from SeattlePI.com.

Here are a few glimpses of some of my favorites.

This photo, catching the soccer player with the ball right in front of his face, reminded me of Magritte's "The Son of Man."










Underwater hockey? Seriously? I think this might catch on more if A) women in bikinis were playing instead or B) the men used longer sticks and pucks in a color other than pink.





Wow. Sumo wrestling is weird enough all by itself without adding some "make the baby cry" ceremony (no, seriously--the goal here was to make a baby cry) to the mix.





Just a nice golf photo.






Love the angle here. Dude looks like he's flying.







Cool water environment.











Check out the full slideshow here.

1 comment:

Spork Boy said...

"I'm no sports fan." Now there's and understatement if I've ever read one. But I'm proud of you for actually looking a sports-related pictures.

Don't forget the Camel Cup, bull racing, and this.

Slideshow