This image on the left isn't from a new Star Trek show. It's not from a movie. It's not from an attraction in Las Vegas.
No, this is some dude in his own apartment, which he has lovingly, painstakingly, and expensively designed to look like part of a Star Trek ship.
My initial reactions:
- Hey, that's kind of cool.
- That would get pretty old in about 15 minutes, and I like Trek a lot.
- This guy is going to have serious trouble getting women (or men, as the case may be) to visit his transporter room. If you know what I mean.
- What are his power bills like? How much time does he spend dusting those consoles?
- Wouldn't you feel weird walking around that place in jeans? Of course, you'd feel pretty weird walking around in a Starfleet uniform, too. Except for you, Larry.
- The article I linked to above refers to this as the guy's (Tony Alleyne's) "ultimate bachelor pad." Uh huh. It doesn't exactly go with Barry White, you know.
- I can envision a really bad reality show where a dozen or so Trekkies have to live in this apartment together, and every week one of them is "fired out the photon tube" or "sent to the transporter room" or "put in a red shirt."