I had a great time at Armadillocon last week. I did a poor job of taking photos (brought the camera, forgot I had it), but saw some familiar faces from prior cons, chatted with friends, made new ones, etc.
- Meeting H.G. Martin, fellow superhero author, and getting an autographed copy of his first book, Doctor Diablo. His second book, The Legacy of the Silver Scorpion, is out now in e-book format. He’s a very nice guy (that’s him in the picture with me up above) and I’m looking forward to reading Doctor Diablo.
- Seeing some legendary writers like Joe R. Lansdale, James P. Hogan (who plays a mean piano), and Michael Moorcock.
- Chatting with people I’ve met previous years, like Josh Rountree (who gave a terrific reading), Eric Marin (who I got to be on a panel with), and the talented Chris Roberson.
- Seeing old friends Ben and Kelly (and imposing on their hospitality).
- Making sure (as I do every time I go to Austin) to eat BBQ at Rudy’s (especially the breakfast tacos) and ice cream at Amy’s. Miraculously, restrained myself to a single scoop and a single taco this time.
- Making new friends like D.D. Tannenbaum (who I’d met at a previous con, but not really gotten a chance to talk with much) and Mark Long.
Anyway, it was an enjoyable con. Next step: FenCon.