Quick hits via Twitter

Thursday, February 05, 2009

DARDO Award

dardo

Somewhat to my surprise, given the glacial pace of my updates, Door Number Six has been granted a DARDO Award by the always awesome blog HeroPress. Here’s a bit about the award:

The PREMIO DARDO is designed to recognize unique voices and visions on the Web as well as to promote fraternization amongst bloggers of all sorts. The rules as they were passed on to me are:
1) Accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and a link to his/her blog.
2) Pass the award to another 5 blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they have been selected for this award.

I am grateful for the recognition and will in turn nominate five blogs myself. This is tough, as I enjoy a great many of them, but I’ll try to narrow it down to a few, with a particular focus on those that I think people visiting my blog might enjoy. In no particular order, they are:

  • White Flow, by Dal Jeanis. I’ve mentioned this one before; it focuses on the creative moment for writers when everything just clicks. It’s cool.
  • HeroMachine, by Jeff Hebert. It should go without saying that Jeff’s HeroMachine tools for character art are a great deal of fun as well as an awesome gaming tool, but his blog is a very fun read, too.
  • Pretty, Fizzy Paradise, by Kalinara. A fun blog mostly about comic books.
  • The Absorbacon, by Scipio. Another great comic book blog. Its regular “Things That Made Me Happy… (in comic books this week)” feature always keeps me guessing and regretting the issues that I’ve missed.
  • Lair of the Evil DM, by the Evil DM. Fun blog with lots of coverage of fun stuff like action figures, pulp, sword and sorcery, and more. (Warning: There’s sometimes some cheesecake on the site, so be careful who you open it around.)

Thanks again for the award, Tim, and I’ll try to post more frequently to try to deserve it a bit more.

2 comments:

Jeff Hebert said...

Thanks for the nomination, Rob!

Rob Rogers said...

Hell, you deserve it far more than me. Just don't let it gather dust on your shelf!

Slideshow