Quick hits via Twitter

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year's resolutions

Happy New Year, all.


This strip is from Lio, one of my all-time favorite comic strip series--it's a clever, funny, occasionally dark series that is more likely to make me laugh than just about any I read. I guess "read" is a questionable term, since Lio is what the creator calls a "pantomime strip," containing no dialogue (although it does make frequent use of signs, notes, etc., so it's not entirely wordless). I usually keep up with it on the Seattle Times site here since it's pretty easy to navigate to the past couple weeks of strips if I miss a day.

Anyway, a few quick New Year's resolutions:

  1. Be more patient. This means especially with my sons and wife, but also fellow drivers, people in general, etc.
  2. Write my next book. I've got notes and concepts for a sequel to Devil's Cape. Now I just need to get cooking and write the darn thing.
  3. Blog more frequently. I've been posting more frequently since early December, but before that, this site got pretty dusty for a while. I'd like to change that.
  4. Game a little more. I don't want to go crazy here (and gaming and writing sometimes seem to tap the same creative well, so I have to be careful not to let gaming take away from my writing), but I would like to get together with the guys and throw some dice around and talk in funny voices more often.

No comments:

Slideshow